I write the dark stuff and the political. Crime, noir, thriller. Strange contemporary realism dramas with twisted characters in dark settings.
I also write SFF. Speculative Fiction in all its forms. SciFi, horror, fantasy. Dark weird, new weird, weird weird. Urban decay. Cyberpunk. Philosophical dystopia and contemporary fairytale. Urban post-apocalyptic meta-narrative with post-postmodern twist.
You know, the classics.
Sometimes I just like to mix them all up together, shake, stir, and see what comes out the other end.
Did I mention I adore a good romance?
I’ve a bunch of short stories appearing in anthologies and magazines, and a novel (or twelve) in the works. Here, check some of them out:
- Transcendent (Transmundane Press) – (Amazon AU, Amazon US)
- Aurealis #110 (Chimaera Publications)
- Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths V2 (Left Hand Publishers) [Also, this one has a beautiful book trailer]
- Crime Factory #19 (The Crime Factory)
- Dead of Night: Best of Midnight Echo (Australian Horror Writers Association)
- Hear Me Roar (Ticonderoga Publications)
- In Sunshine Bright and Darkness Deep (Australian Horror Writers Association)
- Dead Red Heart (Ticonderoga Publications)
- Ho Ho Horror: Christmas Horror vol. 1 (The Australian Literature Review)
- The One That Got Away (Dark Prints Press)
- Surviving The End (Dark Prints Press)
- Midnight Echo issue 8
When it comes to non-fiction, I’ve pulled the corporate and copywriting portfolio offline because I’m not actively chasing freelance work in that space anymore (but if you’re looking for someone, give me a holler; I like to play coy, but won’t knock back work that chases me.)
I was a regular blogger for some time, documenting my fun-filled experience of assisted reproduction: Fun with IVF
Let Me Digress itself was once a far more active blog too, back when I used to get political, because what the internet is really missing is yet another white, educated, middle-class chick yelling opinions into the void. These days I’ve turned off the comments. But always feel free to shoot me a note via the Contact page on this site or any of my listed social media haunts. I promise I’m not scary, I only write that way.